How to check pregnancy is the most common question arises in the mind of woman whether she is trying to conceive according to plan or worried about her unplanned pregnancy. As first time a woman is quiet shy and does not want to share her feelings to others. In such case, she thinks about how to make pregnancy test own at home. Now a day, it is quiet easy to test pregnancy at home through pregnancy kit available in the market with instructions and step by step procedures for confirmation.
However, it might be stressful for a woman as it brings up many positive and negative emotions with lots of excitement and fear. Sometimes unplanned pregnancy brings lots of fears and common thinking like whether it is right time for me and family or not. However, pregnancy is a precious gift from nature to the couples so accept it and try to enjoy.
Have a best pregnancy kit from the market and confirm your pregnancy at home and let others know about this surprising news. Pregnancy kit works on the mechanism of availability of a hormone called human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG releases when a fertilized egg implants in uterus by attaching to its lining) in the urine and it is found only in a pregnant woman’s body.
You can test your pregnancy at home or under the watch of your health care provider. Pregnancy test is generally done when you get your next period missed. If pregnancy test is done after a missed period the result become more accurate. A woman must read all the instructions and methods of using it before opening a pregnancy kit in order to get confirmed in one time. I have discussed below some early signs of pregnancy as well as signs and symptoms of pregnancy which may help you to get confirmed about your pregnancy other than the pregnancy test:
Early Signs of Pregnancy
- You may feel prickling and tingling sensation around nipples due to the increased level of pregnancy hormones in the blood supply to the breasts. Sometimes it can be noticed just a week after conception. Such feelings easily subside after days as soon as our body gets used of such hormones.
- Some women feel spotting (slight pink or brown-coloured stain) which is the sign of fertilized egg implantation in the uterus which lead towards slight cramping in the belly.
- Some women feel weak, fatigue and sick in the early days of conception due to the lack of proper vitamins in the body.
- Breasts may get tender, larger and swollen due to hormonal changes in the body.
- Simple food becomes tasteless to your taste buds and you need to eat more spicy foods.
- Smell sense becomes more sensitive to any bad or good aromas.
- You get your next period missed as your egg has been fertilized which disturbs all the hormones secretion stimulating the menstrual period to occur.
- Your blood and urine has increased level of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone which can only be recognized after urine or blood test.
- Occurrence of mood swings is very common during pregnancy due to the hormonal changes in the body which affects neurotransmitters level in the brain.
- Due to the hormonal changes in the body you may feel bloated abdomen and slight raise in the basal body temperature.
Signs and Symptoms of Pregnancy
Including above early signs of pregnancy following are the signs and symptoms of pregnancy:
- Your next period is missed if you really have been pregnant.
- Your breasts gets tender, fuller, heavier, swollen and little painful in the early weeks of pregnancy because of the hormonal changes.
- In the first trimester especially after six weeks of pregnancy you may feel nausea and vomiting more frequently called as morning sickness. It generally occurs in the morning so called morning sickness however some women may feel it all through the day.
- Sense of smell becomes so sensitive which let you feel bad smells more frequently than others and that triggers feeling of nausea and vomiting.
- Feeling of increased urination occurs as kidney starts working hard due to the hormonal changes.
- Feeling of weakness, fatigue, sleepy and tiredness starts in the early weeks of pregnancy due to the rise in progesterone hormone.
- You become more choosy and dislike foods taste thus you demand more spicy and tasty foods.
- You may feel slight vaginal bleeding and mild uterine cramps in earlier weeks of pregnancy.
- Because of the dilation of the blood vessels during pregnancy blood pressure drops which make you feel lightheaded or dizzy.
- Constipation is more common during pregnancy as the functioning of digestive system gets slow due to the hormonal changes.
- You may start gaining some weight after first trimester of pregnancy. You feel lower back pain, heartburn, breast tenderness, shortness of breath, darkening of the areolas, broadening waist area and etc.
- Braxton-Hicks contractions may start in later weeks of pregnancy which are generally irregular in nature and called as non-labour contractions of the uterus.
- Someone may develop haemorrhoids due to the constipation and pressure of baby head which gets resolved soon after baby birth.
- Indigestion, burning sensation in the oesophagus and acidity generally starts due to the pressure of enlarging uterus as well as due to the progesterone hormone causing muscle relaxation of digestive organs.
- Skin especially near breast, waist and abdomen becomes itchy due to stretching during pregnancy.
- Leg cramps during night occur specially during second and third trimesters because of the involuntary contractions of the muscles.
- Leg oedema or swelling occurs due to the increased volume of circulating blood in the later weeks of pregnancy. Enlarging uterus also creates pressure on the veins which results pain, swelling, cramps and heaviness.
Home Pregnancy test
Do pregnancy test at home when you get your next period missed which would give you more confirmation about pregnancy. Pregnancy tests at home are very common which helps you to detect the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) hormone in the urine which is generally produced by the placental cells which enters to the bloodstream of mother after implantation of fertilized egg into uterus.
Buy any good pregnancy test kit from the market after checking its manufacturing date. Read all the instructions very carefully to avoid any mistake during check up. Take morning urine (as it contains high level of human chorionic gonadotropin and help you to get more positive confirmation) and dip a strip given in the kit. If two bands appeared it means positive, one band means negative and no band means invalid test. However it is good to meet your gynaecologist soon when you missed your period.