What are Most Fertile Days for a Woman to Conceive (Get Pregnant)
The whole menstruation cycle of a woman consists of fertile days (ovulation period), safe days (anovulatory phase) and menstruation days. Fertile days are the days come in every periodic cycle during which a woman ovulates and releases an ovum from anyone of the two ovaries. Thus, the chances of getting pregnant for a woman during this period increases to a great level if a woman establish successful and regular intercourse with her partner all through these days.
However, counting most fertile days of any woman depends on her length of menstrual cycle, regularity in periods and lifespan of the human eggs. The menstrual cycle of every woman contains 3 phases called as follicular phase, ovulatory phase and luteal phase. Around 15 to 20 eggs from each ovary start maturing during the follicular phase. After this, follicle of the egg (egg case) starts producing estrogen hormone which in turn causes release of luteinizing hormone. Rise level of LH hormone again causes ovulation during which a highly matured egg gets released and starts travelling to the fallopian tube to meet the sperm.
During this period, if a woman goes through the intercourse, she may get pregnant if her egg meets with sperm within 24 hour of release. Thus the most effective ways to get pregnant is to have sex during the fertile window which generally lasts in six days. It is also good to have sex one or two days before the ovulation so that sperm may already available to meet with an egg.
A woman should chart her length of menstrual cycle on the calendar regularly for 3 to 4 months to keep track on the duration of fertile days. In order to determine your ovulation period, you should notice changes to the cervix or little spotting, rise in temperature, etc few days after menstruation.
How to Predict Ovulation
Predicting ovulation is very tough as it may vary monthly according to the length and regularity of the menstruation cycle or periodic cycle. However, it can be noticed through some signs and symptoms of the ovulation:
- Start noticing the increased vaginal discharge like wet and stretchy egg white (fertile mucus).
- You may feel slight discomfort on anyone side of the belly.
- You start feeling naturally more sexy.
- You may get little spotting during ovulation.
- If a woman has regular and normal periodic cycle of 28 days long then she may has 1 to 5 days of period, from 6 to 9 days her vagina is dry with little or no mucus, from 10 to 12 days she gets secretion of sticky and thick mucus which becomes thinner and whiter slowly, from 13 to 15 days her mucus becomes thin, clear, slippery, stretchy having consistency of egg whites (most fertile days), from 16 to 21 days her mucus again gets changed to sticky and thick, from 22 to 28 days her vagina again gets dried and again period.
- You may get little rise in your basal body temperature.
- You can use ovulation predictor kit to detect your right ovulation period.
What are Safe Days to not Conceive (Pregnant)
The safe period is the period during which a woman has not fear of getting pregnant as she does not ovulate during this safe period (also called window period). During this period, a woman may involve in the unprotected intercourse without fear. Safe period is the period occurs before and after the ovulation period. Safe period may be between day 1 to 7 and from day 19 till next cycle starts, as woman having normal periodic cycle of 28 days may have ovulation period from days 8 to 19.
Safe period is not same for all women as it varies according to the regularity and length of her periodic cycle so every woman must detect her own safe period to get fool-proof from getting pregnant.