Benefits of Vegetables
This article would help you to easily find an answer of the question “Why vegetables are counted as a part of the balanced diet”.
Vegetable are the natural and healthy gifts from the nature which you can easily get it’s all the health benefits by simply adding them to your daily diet. Vegetables are the simple means of reducing the risk of various chronic diseases, ageing, bone problems, eye problems, hair problems and other lots of problems which may deeply interfere in the normal life of the human beings. Vegetables have lots of healthy and essential body nutrients which are vital to the health as well as body maintenance.
I have mentioned below the key reasons of why adding vegetables to the daily diet without any ignorance:
- Vegetables come under the “must to eat food” category because of its richness in the nutrients such as minerals, vitamins, dietary fibers, folates, folic acid, fatty acids, essential oils, phytonutrients and other plant based nutrients.
- Potassium found in it maintains the healthy blood pressure whereas dietary fibers reduce the blood cholesterol level and lowers down the risk of heart diseases.
- Folate and folic acid maintains the blood hemoglobin level by balancing the number of healthy red blood cells.
- It reduces the risk of birth defects among infants like neural tube defects and spina bifida during pregnancy when fetal development takes place.
- It maintains the vital roles and normal functioning of various body systems by delivering them proper nutrients.
- It manages proper weight because of its low fats and calories content, high level of dietary fibers and vitamins and etc.
- It prevents all the major body organs like heart, kidneys, lungs, liver, spleen, stomach, large intestine, eyes, sex organs and etc.
- Soluble fibers found in it (gum, pectin, psyllium and etc) which easily gets absorbed in water and forms a gel-like matrix which easily absorbs all the bile acids and bad cholesterol (which gets eliminated as a byproducts out of the body).
- It lowers down the risk of cancer development in the body as it contains lots of anticancer compounds (isothiocyanates, glucosinolates and etc).
- It boosts the immune system, reduces the risk of obesity, type-2 diabetes, kidney stones and bone problems.
- Vegetables are rich source of antioxidants (vitamin C, zeaxanthin, beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, quercetin, lutein, anthocyanins and etc) which prevents from age related problems like cataracts, memory loss, arthritis, macular degeneration of the retina, early ageing and etc.
Following are the list of Vegetables, click on the link to know their benefits: