This article would help to know the answer of the question “Why root vegetables are specially required in diet to maintain the skin health”. Root vegetables have amazing health benefits as they grow under the ground. They are the richest source of the minerals and vitamins as they have direct contact with the soil. They can be enjoyed through the whole year. They have complex carbohydrates which get breaks down into sugar to provide more energy and enhance body stamina. They specially contain more soluble fibers and phytonutrients which slow down the ageing.
I have mentioned below some of the points clearing your doubts about root vegetables:
- They are high in vitamin C, healthy minerals (potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron and etc) and beta-carotene which acts as best antioxidants.
- They involve in improving your physical fitness and mental well being because of their richness in antioxidants.
- It keeps early ageing away as it provides stamina to fight with harmful free radicals and removes body toxins.
- It cleans out the blood and prevents from high blood pressure and other heart problems.
- Its beta-carotene gets converted to vitamin A which prevents from eyes problems including cataracts and cancer.
- It boosts up the body immune system and prevents from the common and seasonal infections like cold or flu.
- It helps to lose out extra body weight and maintain weight in future forever as it contains all the required body nutrients and soluble fibers which cravings under control.
- A particular compound found in the root vegetables (falcarinol) provides special protection to the fungal diseases and cancer.
- Eating root vegetables on daily basis fulfills almost 20% of the daily requirement of the folate and one third of the vitamin C.
- Its powerful antioxidant property enhances more iron absorption in the body.
Following are the list of root vegetables, click on the link to know their benefits: