Benefits of Green Leafy Vegetables
Dark green leafy vegetables are amazing natural sources of the good health and considered as the richest source of the iron and antioxidants. You can find your answers for all questions below:
Green leafy vegetables offer countless health benefits as they have more vitamins, soluble and insoluble fibers, minerals and phytochemicals which help in disease fighting. They help in controlling hunger and thus weight management. Some of the amazing health benefits of dark green leafy vegetables are mentioned below:
- Soluble fibers found in it lower down the bad cholesterol level and maintain the blood pressure.
- It controls the blood-sugar swing as it slows down carbohydrates absorption in the bloodstream after taking meal.
- It reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases and type-2 diabetes.
- Its high water content keeps the body well hydrated thus maintains the softness of skin and growth of hair.
- Its high calcium level keeps teeth, nails and bones strong and prevents the occurrence of osteoporosis and arthritis.
- Its richness in antioxidants (vitamin C, lutein, zeaxanthin) makes it advance among all foods.
- It prevents from the cataracts, age related macular degeneration, ageing, arthritis, skin and hair problems.
- Its beta-carotene content specially involves in the proper growth and development of body tissues and protects skin from sun damage.
- Its richness in folates reduces the risk of hemoglobin problems, cardiovascular diseases, memory loss and etc.
- It also contains vitamin E which keeps skin very healthy and glowing.
- It is the rich source of vitamin K which involves in maintaining the blood clotting process and prevents from bone fragility, arterial and kidney calcification and etc.
- It reduces the cholesterol level thus prevents from the effects of high cholesterol level.
- They have ability of immune system strengthening, cancer prevention, improving blood circulation and purification, promoting intestinal flora, improving digestion, liver detoxification and etc.
- It provides better growth and development of kids and pregnant women because of its richness in folic acid and phytonutrients.
- Especially, it reduces the risk of colon cancer because of its high dietary fibers.
Following are the list of green leafy vegetables, click on the link to know their benefits: