Benefits of Nuts/Dry Fruits
Most of the people have fear of having nuts on daily basis as they think nuts may add extra weight or lead to some heart related problems. This article would help you all in getting the answers of the questions “Are nuts add extra weight, Are they cause heart problems or Why nuts are very necessary to have on daily basis”.
Nuts are loaded with the health packages to fully nourish the human body and keep away from the various health problems. Nuts are the powerhouse of healthy nutrients and packed with the heart friendly proteins, vitamins, fats, minerals, antioxidants and omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. It is very true that everything has its own pros and cons however one can be safe of anything by taking within limit or according to the body requirement and health status. Nuts are very delicious and nice things can be taken in many ways according to the taste.
Answering points of the above questions are mentioned below:
- Nuts are the rich source of energy, nutrients and loaded with the monounsaturated-fatty acids (oleic acid, palmitoleic acid) which lower down the bad cholesterol and enhance good cholesterol level in the blood thus prevent from heart problems like coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, stroke and etc.
- They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids which help in maintaining the blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart problems and cancers. It also prevents from the rheumatoid arthritis, depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease and etc.
- They are rich in poly-phenolic flavonoids and antioxidants compounds like alpha and beta carotenes, lutein, resveratrol, cryptoxanthin which protect us against cancer, degenerative nerve problems, brain problems, memory loss, viral/fungal/bacterial infections and many more.
- They are loaded with essential body minerals (potassium, manganese, iron, calcium, magnesium, fluoride, zinc, phosphorus, selenium and etc) which protect us from the damage of free radicals.
- They help in controlling blood pressure, heart rate, number of red blood cells, bones and teeth decay.
- They are the richest source of vitamin E (a powerful antioxidant) which helps in maintaining the integrity of cell membranes thus keeps the skin healthy by protecting from the harmful oxygen-free radicals.
- They maintain the overall body health and body organs functioning as they are rich in B group vitamins.
- They contain healthy fat, protein and dietary fibers which keep our stomach full and suppress instant appetite thus assist in the weight management and burning belly fat.
- They have a special hormone called melatonin which provides relief from the depression and stress by inducing proper sleep.
- Nuts are great food for hair as they have biotin (also known as vitamin B7) which strengthen hair and prevent hair loss.
- They reduce the risk of type-2 diabetes when taken on regular basis.
- They enhance and boost the sperm quality and quantity among men as well as improve the sperm’s vitality, morphology and motility.
- They boost the immunity level and the fertility level among women.
- They help people to live longer if eaten regularly.
Following are the list of Dry Fruits, click on the link to know their benefits: