Aloe Vera is an incredible succulent plant belongs to the lily family (means the Liliaceae). Its different parts have an unbelievable effect on the human body when applied both internally or externally. Aloe Vera juice, gel and latex all have their own beneficial effects on the body. Aloe Vera gel is attained from the center cells of the leaf and Aloe Vera latex is acquired from the cells under the leaf skin. Aloe Vera consists of around 200 active components such as amino acids, vitamins, enzymes, minerals, polysaccharides, fatty acids and etc. Historically, it is used as therapeutically for approximately 5000 years. It is considered as the plant of “immortality” by the Egyptians. It I also considered as the “miracle plant” as it has various effective benefits on the human body.
Even I have used the Aloe vera juice and gel for the long time for getting my skin flawless and smooth. What I have experienced about its benefits by using it on my own body, I have mentioned all in my blog below.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera juice and gel has lots of natural health benefits and prevents the body organs from variety of diseases and ailments. It helps a person to maintain his natural body functioning and beautifulness. It has benefits for heart, skin, diabetes, hair, weight loss and many more. Some of the benefits I am pointing below:
Maintains Brain and Nervous System Functioning
- Aloe Vera is known as the powerhouse of vitamins and minerals as it has high amount of Vitamins (like A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, Choline, folic acid) and Minerals (like calcium, sodium, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, selenium, copper, chromium, manganese and etc) which maintains the functioning of brain and nervous system.
Good Source of Amino Acids and Fatty Acids
- Aloe Vera contains high amount of Amino Acids (building blocks of protein) and Fatty Acids (like linoleic, linolenic, caprylic, palmitic, myristic, oleic and stearic).
Rich Source of Plant Sterols
- It also contains at least three plant sterols (like HCL cholesterol which lowers the blood fats, campesterol and B-sitosterol). Both of the contents help in reducing the allergies and acid dyspepsia.
Boosts Body Stamina
- Aloe Vera works as an Adaptogen means the natural body ability booster which increases the body adaptation power to the external environmental changes as well as resists the illness.
Helps to Deal with Stress
- It helps the body to deal with the stress whether it is physical, environmental or emotional.
Strengthens Digestive System
- Aloe Vera assists in the good digestion by enhancing the proper functioning of the digestive tract and decreasing the number of unfriendly bacteria or intestinal worms.
Cleanses Digestive Tract
- It soothes and cleanses the digestive tract and improves digestion.
Relieves Digestive Disorders
- It helps in relieving the constipation, acid reflux, diarrhea and irritable bowel syndrome.
Maintains Intestinal Health
- Aloe also helps to decrease the amount of unfriendly bacteria and keeps healthy intestinal flora in balance.
Helps in Detoxification
- Aloe Vera is a gelatinous plant (like seaweeds, chia and etc), thus plays a great role in detoxification means increases the toxin removal (or waste products elimination) process from the body through the intestinal tract.
Prevents from Diseases
- Aloe Vera prevents the body from variety of diseases by alkalizing the body as disease manifestation cannot takes place in the alkaline environment.
Maintains Heart Functioning
- Aloe Vera keeps the heart and its functioning healthy by maintaining the cardiovascular process.
Improves Oxygen Transportation throughout the Body
- It increases the oxygen transportation in the blood as well as the diffusion capabilities of the RBCs.
Lowers Down Bad Cholesterol
- One of the contents available in it known as beta sitosterol which helps in lowering the bad cholesterol (by reducing the triglycerides) in blood thus aids in improving circulation, regulating blood pressure and lowering the risk of heart diseases.
Boosts Immune System
- Aloe Vera is well known for its body immune system boosting property. One of the contents available in it known as the polysaccharide which stimulates the macrophages (white blood cells) to fight against the disease causing viruses.
Fights Free Radicals and Ageing
- The high level of anti-oxidants in it also works as an immune system enhancer and fight with the free-radicals and aging processes.
Relieves Fever and Pain
- Aloe Vera works as an antipyretic and analgesic which helps in reducing the fever and relieving the pain respectively.
Hinders Growth of Disease causing Microorganisms
- It is very good antiseptic, antimicrobial, antifungal, germicidal, antibacterial and antiviral because of the availability of the active ingredients including cinnamic acid, sulphur, salicylic acid, lupeol, urea nitrogen and phenol which checks the growth of disease-causing microorganisms thus effective against all the infections.
Reduces Joint Inflammation
- Aloe Vera reduces the inflammation and stiffness from the painful joints by improving the joint flexibility.
Reduces Body Inflammation
- Taking Aloe Vera juice on daily basis helps in reducing the body inflammation such as rheumatism, inflammation of the ears, eyes as well as the arthritis.
Reduces Muscle and Joint Pain
- Applying Aloe Vera fresh gel externally reduces the muscle and joint pains.
Maintains Oral Health
- Regular utilization of the Aloe Vera juice improves the oral health and cleanliness by reducing the gingivitis and plague formation as well as relieving from the cold sores and mouth ulcers.
Regulates Blood Sugar Level
- Aloe Vera is a very good therapeutic agent for the diabetes patients as it plays a great role in regulating the blood sugar levels.
Relieves Eye Irritation
- Applying aloe vera gel mixed with water and boric acid on the eye reduces the reddening and irritation of the eyes.
Relieves Sinus Problem and Chest Inflammation
- It helps in reducing the sinus problem and chest inflammation (due to allergy) because of the availability of magnesium lactate.
Hinders Tumour Cells Growth
- Regular intake of the Aloe Vera juice enhances the body stamina to fight away from cancer because of its anti-carcinogenic properties which hinders the tumour cells growth.
Fulfills Amino Acid Deficiency
- Having aloe vera juice regularly fulfills the amino acids deficiency in the body.
Cures Respiratory Disorders
- It works as a best natural home remedy for the person suffering from the cold, coughs, stuffy nose, flu, bronchitis or other respiratory disorders.
Treats other Disorders
- Aloe Vera gel is used orally to treat osteoarthritis, ulcerative colitis, stomach ulcers, fever, diabetes, asthma, itching, surgical wounds, bedsores and inflammation and etc.
- Aloe Vera latex is used orally to treat constipation, epilepsy, colds, bleeding, asthma, glaucoma, bursitis, absence of menstrual periods, varicose veins, colitis, diabetes, hemorrhoids, multiple sclerosis, depression, osteoarthritis and etc.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Weight Loss
- Aloe Vera aids in the weight loss process by improving the digestion and detoxifying the body.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Skin
Promotes Wound Healing
- Aloe Vera is the great therapeutic agent for the skin and helps in wound healing when applied to the burns, psoriasis, abrasions, bug bites and etc.
Relieves Itching and Reduces Bleeding
- It also works as an antipruritic (relieve from itching), astringent (causes body tissues contraction) and reduces bleeding from the minor abrasions.
- Aloe Vera keeps the skin moisturize, hydrate, flexible and rejuvenate because of its high water content (at least 99% of water).
Improves Oxygen Supply to Skin
- It works as an emollient (softens and soothes the skin) by increasing the oxygen supply to the skin cells, rising the potency, improving blood flow to the skin and synthesis of skin tissue.
Maintains Skin Elasticity
- Aloe Vera juice boosts the activity of fibroblasts which are located in the skin and responsible for making of the fibres collagen and elastin (provides skin a natural structure and elasticity).
Relieves Sun Burn
- It is good for all the skin types thus used in various skin care products to get rid of all the skin problems including sun burn.
Removes Dead Cells, Wrinkles and Fine Lines
- It makes the skin supple and fresh by lightening the blemishes and removing the dead cells, wrinkles and fine lines.
Used by Men after Shave
- It is used by the men after shave to get free from the skin irritation and inflammation and to heal the cuts.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Face
Removes Skin Tan and Pigmentation
- Aloe Vera juice is used on the face to get glowing, blemishes free and smooth skin. Aloe Vera face pack (aloe vera gel and lemon juice) is used for tan, acne and pigmentation removal.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice for Hair
Moisturizes and Nourishes Hair
- Currently, we are getting fed up a lot when it matters to our hair health. People are getting exposed to the dust, sun light and air, water or other pollution which makes the hair exceedingly dry, weak and broken. Aloe Vera juice is the one which have natural oils and moisture effects on the hair thus nourishes the split ends and remove dandruff. It is beneficial for all the hair types when uses regularly in the hair pack. It makes the hair even, silky, soft and damage-free.
Promotes Hair Growth
- It plays a great role in promoting the hair growth as it contains the proteolytic enzymes which aids in removing the dead skin, clogs the scalp pores and obstructs the new hair follicles growth.
Prevents from Baldness
- Accumulation of excessive sebum on the scalp can lead to hair problems like partial baldness. Aloe Vera gel eliminates the sebum from scalp and makes it clean and support hair growth (as unnecessary sebum collection on the scalp cause hair problems and lead to the partial baldness).
Good Hair Conditioner
- It maintains the Ph balance of the scalp and hair as it has alkaline properties. It is a good hair conditioner; it moisturizes and hydrates the hair which leads to more hair growth. It cures diseases like Psoriasis and Seborrhoea.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Leaves
- Inhaling the steam of the boiled aloe vera leaves (in a pan of water) helps in alleviating asthmatic problems.
Nutritional Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice per 1 Cup
(Source: USDA Nutrient database)
Total Calories: 99.2
Protein: 2.2 g
Carbohydrate: 23.1 g
Fat: 0.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0.089 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.24 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0.022 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g
Vitamin: A 2 %
Vitamin C: 35 %
Riboflavin: 9 %
Thiamin: 15 %
Niacin: 5 %
Vitamin B6: 27 %
Iron: 6 %
Potassium: 724.2 mg
Phosphorus: 10 %
Sodium: 71.9 mg
Calcium: 6 %
Copper: 6 %
Magnesium: 9 %
Zinc: 3 %
How to Make Aloe Vera Juice:
Below are the easy processes of making aloe vera juice:
- Cut the aloe vera outer stem from the middle as it is considered as the most mature from all as well as contains high concentration of antioxidants.
- Collect the Oozes out liquid as it is fresh aloe gel and squeeze it out to get whole gel from stem.
- Keep it in a mixer and mix it well with 1 cup of water to obtain pure Aloe Vera juice.
- Now the aloe vera juice is ready to use. Take care that it should be finished within 3-4 days as it may lose its antioxidants.
Precautions and Side Effects of Aloe Vera Juice
There are some precautions and side effects of the aloe vera juice, gel or latex, thus we have to take care of all the mentioned precautions and side effects while taking it regularly.
- Long term use of the aloe vera juice or its products may cause the electrolytes imbalance, irregular heartbeats and weakness in the body (especially potassium).
- It should be avoided taken internally during pregnancy and menstruation if one is suffering from the hemorrhoids or degeneration of the liver or gall bladder.
- Having aloe vera latex orally in high doses is likely risky as the chemicals available in aloe vera latex may cause cancer. It is hard too for the kidneys and may lead to the serious kidney disease.
- As aloe vera juice has anthraquinones, it may cause diarrhea, stomach cramps, dehydration and pain if consumed in large quantities.
- Aloe vera juice may intermingle harmfully with other medications like anti-diabetes, diuretic and sevoflurane (used for anesthesia) drugs.
- It should be avoided or limited the utilization during pregnancy or breast feeding as it may cause severe diarrhea to the baby because of its purgative and irritant properties.
- The overuse or misuse of the Aloe vera juice should be avoided while using any oral corticosteroids (beclomethasone, methylprednisolone, prednisone) as the potassium deficiency may cause toxic effects from the medication.
- It may cause allergy in some people.
Recommended Dosage of Aloe Vera for Children and Adults
- The children over 10 years of age and adults may have aloe vera juice three times daily from 50 and 200 milligrams.
- Aloe vera juice should not be taken over 2 to 4 oz in a day as it may cause several allergic reactions and nausea as it has high vitamins contents.
Find the Benefits of other Similar Juices