Why Hair Falls
Now a day, the hair fall problem has become very common and serious issue, especially in women. It is very necessary to find out the reasons of hair loss and its treatment whether it is home remedy or medical remedy. Before searching for any solution or going to the doctor, it is compulsory to evaluate the real condition of the hair fall that whether it is normal or abnormal.
Generally, a normal human being sheds out at least 50 to 100 hairs every day following the healthy hair growth cycle. Commonly, women after pregnancy experience more hair loss than ever before without occurring normal hair growth cycle. Constant increase in the hair loss is known as the alopecia which is very serious and shocking condition for a human being.
Some of the factors which may lead to alopecia are diet, illness, a range of medications, mineral deficiency, hair treatments, hereditary problem, pollution, deprived nutrition, hair styling, hormonal alterations, autoimmune disorders and etc. One of the most significant factors of the hair loss is stress and hectic life of the one is living. Alopecia involves the permanent hair loss in which hair follicles stop producing new hair because of the lack of nutrients required. Micro-inflammation or malnourishment to the hair follicle also leads to the alopecia.
There are three special cycles of the hair growth known as the anagen (growth phase), catagen (transition phase), and telogen. Around 90% of the total hair is in the anagen phase (lasts in two to eight years) during it hair growth occurs, during catagen phase (lasts in 2 to 3 weeks) hair follicle shrinks and during telogen cycle (lasts in two to four months) hair rests.
Why Hair Falls in Winter Season
Hair starts falling during winter season also because of the dryness and dandruff to the hair. It needs to make the hair clean, soft and shiny during winter season to reduce the hair loss, dandruff and thickens the hair. Follow the healthy diet pattern in winter season. Do not follow the fatty diet or junk foods, use plenty of water, green leafy vegetables and fruits a proper amount.
Why Hair Falls In Summer and Spring Season
Generally hair falls in women during the summer and spring season as sun rays boosts the secretion of the hormones which affects the hair growth a little bit as a part of regulation. Hormone accelerates the hair growth in hot weather and cause hair loss, especially in the month of September. Some of the hair has completed their life cycle and ends by falling. Seasonal hair loss is the case of nothing to worry about and ends in 4-6 weeks. In just few weeks it returns to the normal.
Seasonal hair loss can be tested by the following test: test it on the hair which is not washed for 3 days. Put your hand on the scalp inside hair and pull your hair to the tips. Do test again and again for 5 times and collected all fall out hair on paper. If it is less than 10 then it is normal. If it is 10-15 then it is the seasonal hair loss which can be treated naturally or through the treatment of vitamins. If it is more than 15 then it is problem which needs accurate treatment.
Why Hair Falls In Rainy Season
Hair falls rapidly in the rainy season due to the high humidity, acid rain or dirty rain water which makes the hair dry and brittle. If you use chemical color or other hair products, these make your hair oily and greasy due to the excess humidity. This in turn causes damage to the hair and scalp. Using gels in rainy season causes dandruff to the hair which also leads to hair fall.
Try some Remedy during Rainy Season
- Keep the hair dry
- Use mild shampoo
- Never tie the wet hair, let it dry completely
- Use separate, clean and wide toothed comb
- Use oil to the hair for once a week
- Do not use hair dryer
- Maintain healthy diet pattern
- Drink ample of water
- If problem persists, go to the medical practitioner or Trichologist.
Why Hair Falls Out During Chemo
Hair is very important and beauty part for all, especially for women. So, I can deeply understand the problem of the one who is suffering from the same. And it becomes very dreadful condition for a person to cope up with if the hair loss is due to the chemotherapy. Chemotherapy is a treatment given during curing the cancer to completely eradicate cancer from the body. So, hair loss is one of the main side effects of it in both men and women. The quantity of hair fall depends upon the dose of medication receiving by one. Reoccurrence of the hair depends on the mindset of a person suffering from as well as the friends and family moral support in his life.
Hair fall occurs during chemotherapy because of the powerful medications given to speedily attack the cancer cells. Unluckily, these medications also affect the growing cells of the body including the hair roots of all over body. But, luckily, the hair fall during chemotherapy is short term which reoccurs after few months of treatment closed. Consult your doctor properly in such cases to get your hair back completely.
Causes of the Hair Fall and Hair Thinning
- Seasonal hair loss is common every year, especially in the month of November and December as hair gets maturity in its growth cycle.
- Iron deficiency anemia is a great reason causing the hair falling out. Around 20% of the total women suffering from the iron deficiency hair fall.
- Ageing is very common process leads to the hair loss as hair follicles get shrink, weak and begin to die off.
- Post pregnancy hair loss is also very common in some women because of the hormonal changes or using the variety of birth control pills.
- Hectic life style, prolonged illness, weight loss, iron deficiency, thyroid problems or severe stress can cause hair loss.
- Lack of appropriate nutrition, hormonal changes, heredity, use of medications like steroids, blood thinners, birth control pills, gout medication, chemotherapy, radiation, excess use of vitamin A may also cause hair fall.
- Androgenetic alopecia is a genetic cause which causes hair loss in many people. Some other medical conditions like hypothyroidism, fungal infections and ringworm can also cause hair loss.
- Some autoimmune diseases like lupus, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis and etc cause permanent hair loss as immune system attacks follicles.
- Telogen effluvium is a big hair loss phenomenon which occurs after the major surgery, pregnancy, severe weight loss or extreme stress. In this huge amount of hair loss occurs every day while styling, shampooing or brushing. Telogen effluvium is a side effect of medications like beta-blockers, non steroidal, anti depressants, anti inflammatory or other drugs.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome cause hormonal imbalance in women and cause hair loss.
Steps to Control Hair Loss
- Providing a good care and maintenance of healthy diet can offer a good control to your hair loss.
- Never try a constant or frequent heating or drying techniques to the hairs, it may weakens the hair proteins and makes the hair delicate and fragile. To get healthy hair for longer period of time, limit your hairs to go to hot curlers, hair dryers, hair strengtheners, hairdresser, hot brushes, hair fasteners, any chemical treatments and etc.
- Hold up the dyeing and coloring of the hair. Never try tight pulling or tight elastics or clips which may be reason of daily hair loss.
- Keep your hair and scalp clean by gently washing the hair regularly with soft shampoo which provides a lot of help to the hair loss.
- Never comb to the wet hair or comb it slowly with wide-toothed comb. This may weakens the hair from root and thus increase hair loss.
- Do not rub the wet hair forcefully using a towel, it may increase hair breakage. Let it dry by gently wiping it.
- Do not go more to the protein enhanced shampoos or conditioners. They are not the permanent solution to the hair loss.
- Use soft bristled brush to comb the dry hair and let your anxiety under control.
- Have healthy and proper diet timely and adequate sleep. Be used of regular exercise which may lessens your stress and improve circulation to the scalp.
- Increase eating green leafy vegetables and fruits in your diet which fulfills the nutritional requirements of the body and can help in minimizing hair loss.
- Eat iron rich food and fruits such as green leafy vegetables, liver, beef, fish, beans, pork, fortified cereal, pumpkin seeds and etc.
- Have protein rich diet (like seafood, eggs, milk, yogurt, white meat, cheese, lean beef, beans, soy, whole wheat bread, tempeh, peanut butter, tofu, nuts, lentils, quinoa, brown rice, beans, broccoli and potatoes) for getting strong hair which provides necessary amino acids to strengthen the hair.
- Increase your Vitamin C intake (citrus fruit, salad, baked potatoes, orange, gooseberry, green leafy vegetables, tomatoes and etc) through the diet or fruit juice, it increase the absorption of iron in the body.
- Omega-3 fatty acids (found in tuna, mackerel, walnuts, salmon, flaxseeds, and etc) make the hair healthy and shiny and prevent the hair from getting dry and brittle.
- Biotin is a B group vitamin plays a great role to healthy hairs. Its need can be fulfilled by eating brewer’s yeast, lentils, soybeans, sunflower seeds, bulgur wheat, walnuts and etc.
- Zinc is also a necessary mineral which provides nourishment to the hair. Zinc sources are turkey, oysters, peanut butter, lean beef, pumpkin seeds and etc.
- Avoid bad eating habits and low-calorie liquid diets which encourage the hair loss to a great extent.
- Do not eat raw egg whites, it harbors the bacteria and binds biotin as well as its absorption.
- Consult your medical practitioner to undergo tests for thyroid or iron deficiencies.
- Laser therapy can be tried; it stimulates the hair growth by rising blood flow to the follicles.
- Avoid leaving hair open, it collects more dirt and causes dandruff. Make a loose plait before sleeping to avoid more hair loss.
- Avoid occurrence of any illnesses and taking antibiotics by maintaining your mental, physical and spiritual condition.
- Avoid excess exposure to the sunlight; it may cause hair brittle and broken.
- Avoid being panic if your hair loss is due to postpartum alopecia.
- Avoid smoking and drinking as it causes more hair loss.
- Avoid washing hair with hot water for any reason; it may trigger more hair loss.
- Ensure that you are getting enough amount of water required to the body to keep it hydrated and prevent hair loss.
Some Home Remedies to Control Hair Fall
- Coconut milk is considered as the richest source offering tissue nourishing. It is found from the raw coconut and require massage of the scalp to prevent hair fall.
- Aloe Vera juice is also very effective home remedy to prevent the hair loss. Apply aloe vera gel on your scalp, it prevents hair loss, dryness or infection of scalp. It balances the scalp pH level.
- Regular lukewarm oil (such as Jojoba oil, mustard oil, almond oil, lavender oil and etc) message to the scalp for small time enhances the blood circulation to the scalp and control hair fall and dandruff.
- Practice yoga, meditation to reduce anxiety and stress levels to stop hair loss.
- Neem treatment can be done to get more for the hair loss. It is very simply found herbs anywhere which easily aids the health and beauty of hair. Let the neem leaves boiled very well in water till the water remains half of its original amount. Separate the boiled water, let it cool and store it. It can be used once a week to rinse the hair to prevent hair loss.
- Amla, also known as the Indian Gooseberry, is also very effective against hair loss. Let the dried amla boiled well in the coconut oil and wait until the coconut oil changes its color to black. Now it is ready to massage the scalp using this oil.
- The mixture of amla and shikakai powder is also very effective for hair. It can be applied on hair by making paste of both and wash after sometimes. But, in case of dry hair, use of shikakai should be avoided.
- Scalp massage with rosemary oil mixing in olive oil which stimulate the blood circulation to the scalp and support hair growth.
- Hair loss control packs can be used to prevent hair loss. Some of the packs are: Amla, Aloe Vera, shikakai, neem powder are mixed well and applied on hair to get glossy hair. Egg white, Henna, curd are mixed well and applied on hair to stop hair fall. Honey, cinnamon, olive oil are mixed well and applied on hair to improve hair growth.
- Avoid junks and unhealthy lifestyle, habits to prevent hair loss as they increase toxin level in the body.
- While using home remedies, please make sure that you are not vulnerable to any type of allergy to the ingredients of remedy.
- There are many hair fall preventing shampoo (like Himalaya anti hair fall shampoo, Tresemme hair fall defense shampoo, L’oreal paris 3X Anti hair fall shampoo and etc) in the market which can be used to prevent hair fall.
- Scalp massage with natural juices like onion juice, garlic juice or ginger juice. Leave it for whole night and wash carefully in morning.
- Use of antioxidants products like green tea, mix well the two bags of green tea in one cup water, apply on the scalp for an hour and rinse. As green tea is good source of antioxidants, so it prevents hair loss as well as boosts the hair growth.