Shakuntala Devi, a writer and mental calculator, is famous for her fast mind calculation capacity. For her amazing natural talent, she has been titled as the “human computer”. She has been recorded in the “The Guinness Book of World Records” of the 1982 edition. She is a prominent writer in India who has written a huge number of books based on the puzzles, mathematics, astrology and etc.
Shakuntala Devi Facts:
Famous as: Indian writer, mental calculator and human computer.
Born: on 4th of November in 1929, at Bangalore, India
Died: on 21st of April in 2013 at age of 83 in Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Cause of death: Respiratory and cardiac problems
Spouse: Paritosh Banerji (Indian Administrative Service officer)
Children: Anupama Banerji
- Caste System in India
- Awaken The Genius In Your Child
- Tradition and modernity among Indian women
- Rural Credits and Agricultural Development
- Figuring: The Joy of Numbers
- The World of Homosexuals (over homosexuality in India)
- Super Memory: It Can Be Yours
- Puzzles to Puzzle You
- Mathability: Awaken the Math Genius in Your Child
- More Puzzles to Puzzle You
- Perfect Murder
- In the Wonderland of Numbers
- Book of Numbers
- Astrology for You
- She answered the 23rd root of a 201-digit number in 50 seconds in the year 1977 at the Southern Methodist University.
- She answered the multiplication of two 13-digit numbers (7,686,369,774,870 × 2,465,099,745,779) in 28 seconds in 1980.
- Such events have been mentioned in the 1982 Guinness Book of Records.