Nandita Das, an Indian film actress and director, was born on 7th of November in 1969 in Mumbai, India. She is well known for her best performances as an actress in many films and her best directorial debut Firaaq in 2008 for which she won various national and international awards. She got her education from Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi, bachelor degree in Geography from Miranda House, and Master degree of Social Work from Delhi School of Social Work.
Nandita Das Facts:
Born: on 7th of November in 1969 in Mumbai, India
Occupation: Actress, director
Years active: 1989, 1996–present
- Soumya Sen (2002–2009)
- Subodh Maskara (2010–present)
Children: Vihaan (son of Nandita and Subodh Maskara)
Father: Jatin Das (Indian Odia painter)
Mother: Varsha (Gujarati Jain mother, a writer)
- Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, Lodhi Estate, New Delhi.
- Miranda House, University of Delhi (bachelor’s degree in Geography).
- Delhi School of Social Work (Master of Social Work).
- 2000 45th Filmfare Awards for Best Debut in 1947 Earth
- 2001 Santa Monica Film Festival for Best Actress – Bawander
- 2002 Cairo International Film Festival for Best Actress – Amaar Bhuvan
- 2002 Tamil Nadu State Film Awards for Special Prize – Kannathil Muthamittal
- 2006 Nandi Awards for Best Actress – Kamli
- 2008 Asian Festival of First Films for Best Film and Best Screenplay – Firaaq
- 2009 International Film Festival of Kerala awarded Special Jury Award – Firaaq
- 2010 Filmfare Awards awarded Special Award – Firaaq