Mala Sinha was born on 11th of November in 1936 in the Calcutta, India in a Bengali descent Nepalese Christian family. She was the most famous actress of her time (1950s to 1970s) and worked in many Bollywood films in various languages like Hindi, Nepali, Bengali and etc. Her childhood name was Alda Sinha which was later changed to Mala Sinha. She was a good singer as well and performed many stage shows in more than one languages.
Mala Sinha Facts:
Name: Mala Sinha
Also Known as: Alda Sinha
Born: on 11th of November in 1936 in Calcutta, Bengal Presidency, British India
Years active: 1952–1994
Spouse: Chidambar Prasad Lohani
Daughter: Pratibha Sinha
- Won Dadsaheb Phalke Jayanti Awards in 2012.
- Honoured with BFJA Award for Best Actress in 1965 for Jahan Ara.
- BFJA Award for Best Actress in 1966 for Himalaya Ki God Mein.
- Sikkim Samman Award was awarded to her by the Government of Sikkim in 2004.
- Star Screen Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007.
- Kelvinator GR8! Women Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award in 2013.
- Dadasaheb Phalke Academy Awards: Phalke Icon Cine Artiste Award in 2013.